What happened to Akrotiri Taverna ?

In this section you can post announcements as owner or your opinion regarding the accommodation you stayed at or the restaurant/bar you went to.
Ask your questions about certain accommodation, restaurants or bars here...

Kendrick123

What happened to Akrotiri Taverna ?

Post by Kendrick123 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:54 pm

Just returned from a fantastic two weeks in Stoupa. As usual, people were great, sea and weather beautiful and food lovely. However, I was disappointed to discover that the Akrotiri Taverna, which I have been visiting for 14 years, was closed. In case people don't know, this is the taverna right at the far end of Stoupa beyond Halikoura and the tennis courts. It is in a beautiful position with a sensational view of the sunset. It is run by a lady called Yorgia from Kalamata. Nobody in Stoupa, including the travel agencies and waiters, could tell me what has happened to it. Any information welcome - thanks.

Plain Stoupad

Re: What happened to Akrotiri Taverna ?

Post by Plain Stoupad » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:18 am

We were equally disappointed to find it closed following our recent holiday as it had become a firm favourite over the past few years. The views were superb and the food very good but this year the gate was closed with no signs of activity within. It was always fairly quiet when we ate there and it never seemed to achieve the popularity it deserved, at least during June. Let's hope the closure is only temporary.

Kendrick123

Post by Kendrick123 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Agree - I hope it is only temporary. It would be good if someone on here could throw some light on the situation - Stephan - any knowledge ?

zorbas2
camBoard admin

Post by zorbas2 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:45 am

Unfortunately not. But I guess the concurrence is big in Stoupa, the rents are high and if you have to pay a lot of staff it is very hard to make money...
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

Easyeieio

Post by Easyeieio » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Does anyone know if this restaurant reopened? Or whether it ever will? Our favourite place in Stoupa, really really sad if it's gone for good.

Stella
Dedicated member

Post by Stella » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Gone forever, I'm sorry to say.

Social Media